'In the midst of all the glamour I hope you find God.'

Mar 16, 2012

Hani Hulu


Ever since I can remember my mom has been calling me Hani Hulu. My name is Hanyeh, but my family calls me Hani for short, pronounced 'honey'. Hulu means peach in farsi, but is a word of endearment, like calling someone sweetie. This is where Hani Hulu came from.

I'm an Iranian born, Michigan raised, Philadelphia based, Muslim 27 year old. I like to live my life breaking stereotypes as I think many Muslim women do. I like to prove we are not oppressed or less than others just because we are Muslim or because we cover. In reality, we are among the strongest women around. I'm an accountant by day at PwC, one of the largest accounting firms in the world. Being able to say I work at PwC and have passed my CPA exams is something I worked hard for, and I am proud to be here. Everything I do related to Hani Hulu - website design, posts, social media - I have done all on my own in addition to having a full time demanding career and I hope to encourage others who want to maintain a career and pursue other things they love as well. There is no limit to accomplishing things you love in life, so don't let anything hold you back! 

Growing up, I was going down the overweight tomboy route since I had two brothers and ate as much as they did. But somewhere down the line, I met my friend Fati - short for Fatima - who started to mold the fashionista you see now. I think my love started with heels and since then, I have picked up a love for everything else - purses, accessories and of course clothes. In high school I reached a point of being tired with my weight, and I educated myself on healthy eating and working out and completely turned my life around. I want to use this blog to share my health, fashion, beauty and lifestyle tips with others like myself. 

Thanks for stopping by and please come back!

**Please note I am by no means advertising my fashion style as the perfect Hijab/Modesty. I am merely sharing my style and I am always working towards bettering myself to become a better Muslim and Hijabi. 
SHARE:

19 comments

  1. You're such an inspiration to all us women out there. I really want to thank you for what you're doing ! I hope that one day inshallah I can meet you in person :)
    I would love it if you could make a tutorial on the way you tie your hijab. It's so beautiful :)<3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. InshaAllah I'd love to meet you too! Thank you for the kind words it's always a great feeling to know people actually find what I do helpful. iA I will work on a hijab tutorial soon, everyone keeps asking me!

      Delete
  2. Hi Hani,

    In a few words, you give life to the hijab.

    Thank you.
    Asmaa.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wow! What a compliment!! Thank you so much! :)

      Delete
  3. As salaam from Malaysia. I came across ur blog from instagram and i just loove your OOTDs! i was an auditor in EY here in malaysia n yes i do scroll thru instagram almost every morning for some outfit inspiration. Hehehe keep writing hani hulu! :))))

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww thank you so much!! That's so cool to know you're following from Malaysia and you're in accounting too! thanks for the comment :)

      Delete
  4. Good job and keeping a balance between your inner you while making a change on a daily basis in the minds of the people that don't know. I respect that. Keep it up. And you need to be certified real soon :p

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much!! Haha I'm not big enough to be certified! haha maybe one day!

      Delete
  5. can u post a video of hijab tutorial please

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I posted one on youtube at www.youtube.com/hanihulu :)

      Delete
  6. Dear Hani Hulu,

    I saw your profile on instagram and was very excited to click on the link you posted to get on this blog- and my expectations were met! I really liked it, starting from your description. I saw that you are an accountant- it is quiet funny as i am also specialicing in this area and I do also wear hijab. Maybe you could tell us more about your job and career from the beginning and share even more storys. Keep doin this nice blog! Well done

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for the comment and suggestions Mia! iA I will tell more about myself, I didn't know if anyone would be interested in this, but I'll do it since you are! :)

      Delete
  7. thanks for these kind word, I really appreciate this. I visit your blog daily and really like to see all updates :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Loving the website Miss Hanyeh ;-) You've come a long way....and your style is just amazing! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Aslamualaikum, I am from Pakistan.Sis MashAllah you are doing well.I like your dressing.Hijab are so dainty that you wear :)like your name ,you are really hani hulu:p

    ReplyDelete
  10. hi hani
    i love your blog soooo much
    and your such a great inspiritation
    mashallah your beautiful inside and out
    i am half iranian and half pakistani, so NOWRUZ MUBARAK :)
    if you dont mind me asking, i wanted to ask what your height was because i love your outfits but im pretty tall so i wanted to know if some of the clothes items you wear would be long enough for me too
    thank you XXX

    ReplyDelete
  11. i apreciate i got here i dont know exactly how. its wonderful for women who became muslim but in not muslims countries. i love the style. xoxo. keep it cool

    ReplyDelete
  12. Salam Aleykum, I just came across your blog and you are my inspiration! Career wise, you're working for one of the firms I working towards.. I'm starting university soon and I'm so excited to, just because of you! Thank you for being my motivation. I love your'e creativity, you literally give life to the Hijab. Fierce, focus and free fashion. I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hallo Hani i love what you are doing . Islam fashion is so important ������

    ReplyDelete